Untrusted friends

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Untrusted friends

Post  jelutong12 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:40 am

Recently today, I noticed a faction called WinterHold has been doing some mischiveous raids on other people without them knowing it. The witness? RandomGuyWasHere. The strategy of how the WinterHold faction raid is un-honouruble and I believe is agains't the rules.

So here's the strategy.

1)One member of the faction pretends to leave the faction and asks everyone on the server if he/she could join a faction.

2) As soon as he/she joins a faction he will:
i)Sethome
ii) Tell one of his WinterHold Buddies to tpa to the spy (him).
3) After that, they will tpa more teammates and start raiding the base.

But only 2 or 3 of them were part of it. I cannot say their names in this forum. To the Admin I will tell their names to you on Skype. Leave your Skype username below and I'll explain the rest. I will also explain my player name because of security reasons.

This also happened to me, I was a member of gknights, a newbie , I was a idiot (there I said it).

This strategy also fooled player RandomGuyWasHere, but after the incident he got pissed and decided to never return to the server. But if you Admins have a logbook you can find his name, if you don't then there is not much can be done. To the Admins, I hope you will believe me because it was not just me and RandomGuyWasHere there was another player who was another victim.

To the Leader of WinterHold I hope you kick them out and don't give them another chance. They was not a single admin or VIP around, possibly most of them sleeping due to the timezone (I'm not insulting you).

So I think there are some steps that can be taken to avoid these spies :-
i) Hire more Admins who have different timezones.
ii) Hire a spy. So more proof can be taken.
iii) Ban them, if you wish, I'm not forcing you.

So, I'll end my concerns here and now. I hope the Admins will take action and do their best. Forgive me for my English if I did any English mistakes.

Note: Most of you may think why am I staying up so late?! Well here is my answer.... I'm a Asian from Malaysia. When its nightime in your country ( USA/UK/Europe) its daytime for me. When its daytime for you guys, its nighttime for me.

Last edited by jelutong12 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : English mistakes, spelling mistakes and edit.)

jelutong12
Members
Members

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Untrusted friends

Post  Weasey on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:23 pm

While it is a very unfair way to raid, it is not against the rules, therefore not bannable. Remember, inviting someone you don't know into your faction is just like teleporting them in. You can't trust people because it is a pvp server, and should be treated as such. As for having more staff, I am only accepting people I KNOW wont be corrupt, so it is difficult. I would like to have some staff from a region in Europe or Asia, but I am never on at those times to meet anyone.
Weasey
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE: Weasy. Thanks for the info.

Post  jelutong12 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:01 pm

Then, it looks like they will continue raiding the unfair way. Even today, there are still people who are getting fooled by the same 3 or 2 people I mentioned in the post. They have been doing this often recently. But, since you say its not bannable that's fine with me.

Last edited by jelutong12 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistakes)

jelutong12
Members
Members

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Unfair Raids

Post  kingsniper911 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:12 pm

Yes this happens offten. I guess the only solution would be. Just Dont Invite People You Dont Know/Trust.

kingsniper911
Donator
Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Untrusted friends

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top